Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe(PC).........

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 etiheidas

etiheidas

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

I just got this game today for my birthday. I've already installed the game. When I click the icon on my desktop it opens the game launcher and I press play. After this, soething pops up that says this:

Posted Image

What does this mean and how can I fix this problem so that I can play the game?

Your help will be greatly appreciated...

Please be detailed because I'm new at this... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

First off, do you know your computer's specs? (what processor, and graphics card it has, how much ram, what operating system are you running). If you don't know, (I'm assuming your running windows) do a search for "dxdiag". A window should pop up that will have some info, including your processor, and how much ram you have. Let us know what those are. Then, hit the display tab at the top, and elt us know what type of graphics adapter you have!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 etiheidas

etiheidas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

First off, do you know your computer's specs? (what processor, and graphics card it has, how much ram, what operating system are you running). If you don't know, (I'm assuming your running windows) do a search for "dxdiag". A window should pop up that will have some info, including your processor, and how much ram you have. Let us know what those are. Then, hit the display tab at the top, and elt us know what type of graphics adapter you have!

Processor: mobile AMD Athlon™ 4, MMX, 3d Now, ~1.2GHz
RAM: 224MB

Has nothing for graphics adapter...
just says : The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

#4 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

just says : The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

What operating system are you running? (looks like windows xp from your screenshot)
Check the device manager under "Display Adapters" for the model of your video card.
If it is not there, what does it say under display adapters? Is there any icons with a red x or yellow exclamation on them?

#5 etiheidas

etiheidas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

What operating system are you running? (looks like windows xp from your screenshot)
Check the device manager under "Display Adapters" for the model of your video card.
If it is not there, what does it say under display adapters? Is there any icons with a red x or yellow exclamation on them?

Yes, Windows XP. I don't see anything that is titled "Display Adapters." Where am I supposed to be looking? If this is what I am supposed to be looking at, this is what I see:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Do you have a specific model number on your computer?

As lowtec otc mentioned go to control panel, system, hardware tab, then click device manager. Now in device manager, click on the display adapter section. What does it say?

Once you do install your graphics drivers though, with only 256mb ram and a 1.2ghz processor (I assume your graphics card is probably older too) I don't think you'll be able to run sims 2 very well
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 etiheidas

etiheidas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Do you have a specific model number on your computer?

As lowtec otc mentioned go to control panel, system, hardware tab, then click device manager. Now in device manager, click on the display adapter section. What does it say?

Once you do install your graphics drivers though, with only 256mb ram and a 1.2ghz processor (I assume your graphics card is probably older too) I don't think you'll be able to run sims 2 very well

I have a Balance Digital Techonology and the model # is A535.

I did everything you just said but I don't see anything there that says Display Adapter. I am sorry for all of this confusion, maybe I am doing something wrong? But this is what I get when I do those steps:
Posted Image

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

Trying to find drivers for this laptop is a bit difficult for some reason. I did find these, but I'm not so sure how well they'll work http://cr.am/framed.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fw...ref=driverguide . At least install the graphics/video drivers.

You did what i told you to correctly. Apparently, your computer doesn't detect the graphics (hence the message you're getting). Hopefully these drivers help.

#9 etiheidas

etiheidas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Thank you for helping me. I will try this out. If it doesn't work, oh well! Lol. I'll install it on some other computer :thumbsup: This is just the main one and is mine. Again, thanks.

#10 etiheidas

etiheidas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

although, it lets me make an account so i can download the file, but it will not send me the activation code. hmmmmmmmm

#11 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

Sorry, that website did seem kind of broken. Here are the drivers from the official website. http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads...D=6&LanID=9 . You need to download the VGA ones. I also noticed the file is a .zip file. If you don't have winzip, or another program to extract the file, you will need one. I like the program winrar http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10745708.html which is free for a 40 day trial.

#12 etiheidas

etiheidas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Sorry, that website did seem kind of broken. Here are the drivers from the official website. http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads...D=6&LanID=9 . You need to download the VGA ones. I also noticed the file is a .zip file. If you don't have winzip, or another program to extract the file, you will need one. I like the program winrar http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10745708.html which is free for a 40 day trial.

Thanks !! I have winzip, thank god! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users