Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PNY Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 printboy67

printboy67

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Machine sees the card but cannot install any drivers and all I get from PNY is voicemail... So i bought a new PCI 512 GeForce 8400GS. The instructions say to install the Standard Graphics Adapter Drivers but I am not able to do that. Can't choose or find them anywhere. I hav called the manufacturer a couple of times but they don't answer the phone, just a circle of voice prompts. I was hoping that someone else out there may have had the same issue and may be able to help me.

XP Home
3.4 Ghz P4
2 Gig Ram

Print

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Have you tried installing the drivers directly from NVidia? Most of the drivers on the discs you get with new cards are old. Are you getting any error messages during the installation?

3939.png

#3 printboy67

printboy67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

I have tried a couple of them but it still does not work. this is what windows tells me. The hardware was not installed because it cannot find the needed software.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

Sometimes you have to point to the exact folder (I generally don't let XP search) in which the appropriate drivers exist. You have to remember that there are a ton of drivers included on most driver disks and I have the feeling that XP doesn't search every folder within another folder.

Have you located said folder on your drivers disk?

Louis

#5 printboy67

printboy67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

windows says that both the disk and the drivers that I downloaded do not contain information about the card that I have.

#6 printboy67

printboy67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for all the help, but I have decided to return the card and get an ATI instead. The PNY tech line never answers the phone or returns calls. I have tried several times but still no response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users