Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista fails to load completely

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 j54ams

j54ams

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

I have Vista Premium installed as the upgrade from Hp since I bought this computer right before the Vista release. It is a Hp Pavilion a1637c, 3GB memory, 500 GB WD Hard Drive, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200. I was having problems when burning ANYTHING to DVD's or CD's. The DVD/CD RW stops responding, locking up the computer. Only thing to do is push the power button to restart. Now when I try to restart, it appears to be fully loaded but won't open any folders or the internet. The circle just keeps going around and all I can do is hit the button again to restart. To get it to fully load, I have to go into Safe Mode and do a System Restore. What can be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

What burning program do you use? Have you tried a different one?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 j54ams

j54ams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

I have used Nero, Roxio, Windows, Clone CD and Clone DVD2. Tried all with same results. But, if I restart, it will work. But with all the trouble of restarting, it's a real pain. The drive is a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H625M, version 0414.

Edited by j54ams, 18 January 2009 - 01:22 PM.

#4 Jaspreet

Jaspreet

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

try uinstalling reinstalling windowws XP and then upgarding it back to windows vista and before that you can try using windows burninng engine

#5 j54ams

j54ams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

You mean reinstall XP, then reinstall the Vista upgrade since Vista is what is on it now?

Edited by j54ams, 19 January 2009 - 08:13 PM.

#6 j54ams

j54ams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

I think I got the problem solved. (Hopefully!) I had McAfee Internet Security Suite installed and I uninstalled it (subscription was about up anyway) and installed CA Internet Security Suite. Have had several successful reboots but CA takes a bit of time to load also but at least it does load. Have also successfully burned a couple of data cd's. If I continue to have any more problems with the burner, I'll contact HP as I have an extended warranty. I just hate having to deal with the support! Thanks for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users