Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayder

jayder

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

i need a software that i can use.its a program i need . it's when i scan a paper or something and after i scan it i can change the name and things on it.like if i had a home lease i can scan it and add someone name on it .that like a example.what kind of perogram i need

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

I believe what you are looking for is called an OCR, or Optical Character Recognition program. It will convert a scanned image (which is actually just a picture) into an editable text document.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any freeware OCR programs.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 jayder

jayder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

is that the one that u can change thing on a paper after u scan it where can u gget the program

#4 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

You could give this one a try:
http://www.download.com/SimpleOCR/3000-2070_4-10073196.html

I have not tried it and make no claim as to how well it does or does not work.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Jayder, your scanner installation disk may contain an option for installing OCR. If you have the disk, insert it into your disk drive, and root around to see if it's there. When I have to reinstall my HP 3-in-1, I am asked if I want to install OCR.
If not or if you don't have the disk, go the website of your scanner manufacturer and look for it there.
Someone may be able to better help you if you tell us what scanner (make and model) you are using.
You can also open up your scanners help manual if that was originally installed with the scanner. Look for OCR in the help files.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 January 2009 - 12:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users