Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to any Microsoft or Antivirus site...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kane101

Kane101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hello!

I have a big problem. I can't connect to any site related to Microsoft or any
official Antivirus sites like AVG, NOD32, Sophos etc. Few days ago I even couldn't
open the article about Microsoft on Wikipedia. Imagine that!

As second I can't update Sophos Antivirus which I'm using.
Then, my USB sticks get infected everytime i plug them into a computer. "Autorun.inf"
file and folder "RECYCLED" always create and couldn't be manipulated. After I erase them,
they appear again of course. In this folder RECYCLED there is a file "vfqnzkew" (I don't
remember the extension but it's something wild). Anyway, I scanned my computer with ComboFix
and this is one of the entries:
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"1723:TCP"= 1723:TCP:@xpsp2res.dll,-22015
"1701:UDP"= 1701:UDP:@xpsp2res.dll,-22016
"500:UDP"= 500:UDP:@xpsp2res.dll,-22017
"5366:TCP"= 5366:TCP:vfqnzkew

When I saw it I remembered that I have deleted this from firewalls "exceptions list" but appearentley
it was recreated...This is probably causing all the problems IMHO.

What should I do about it? Can I post the log file in this section?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

Combofix should not be used outside of the Hijack This forum and only when requested from one of the HJT team members

follow the instructions and prepare a HJT log, here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Then post the log in the proper form here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Our team members are rather busy, so it may take a while to get to you
Be patient and good luck
This thread is closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users