Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server connection issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maniakmyke

maniakmyke

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

i had this originally in the win2k forum then noticed it should have gone here....

Good morning everyone

this is my first post and im planning on making it a good one so here goes.

i am currently working on a jobsite where i have a netowrk of about 8-10 pc's some running XP others running win2000. These guys are from out of town and are trying to connect to their server at their home office. 3 of these PC's are desktop PC's the others are all laptops. they have 2 different drives they need access to. 1 drive NOBODY can access it doesnt even show up in the list. the other only 1 desktop and 1 laptop can see the drive and nobody else can. I need for ALL the pc's in the network to have access to both drives.

if anyone can help me figure out what im doing wrong or forgetting to do at all i would GREATLY appriciate ANY help given. LOL i was thrown into the jobsite blind and im not exactly a networking genius to begin with. These guys REALLY need access to these drives ASAP aswell.

this is what i have done.

ive setup all the PC's with static IP's
checked all cabling and hardware
pinged their home office successfully from every workstation
prayed
cursed

as i said anything that helps will be greatly appriciated
thanks
Mike

p.s. if theres any extra info needed just ask ill be watching the forum all day

Edited by maniakmyke, 16 January 2009 - 10:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

Hi mate,

Please give more information. you have 10 pcs, all needs access networks drive that are on remote location.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windows...etworkdrive.htm

Anyways check this one.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users