Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista computer will not sleep

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gregoire

gregoire

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

hi, I,m running a vista home premium 64-bit os ,and my only problem is when i hit the sleep button my screen will shut down ok but the computer itself will not, Shut down and restart works fine, it just w,ont sleep. This problem occurred only when i changed my power plan to high performance, when my power plan is set back to balanced everything works fine. now is this just a glitch or is there a solution other than changing my power plan back to balanced every time i want it to sleep. thank.s for any help,

Edited by gregoire, 16 January 2009 - 08:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Hi gregoire,

I will direct you to the following link. There's a suggestion on the second page to register certain dll's, which seems to have solved the problem for that person. I recommend reading the whole thread, as it's interesting. The link to microsoft's registration of certain dll's can be found in post 23. That seemed to be one thing that worked, and also on the first page, there's a related suggestion for turning off a certain service. Please read through it. The link is here:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?...6592&page=2

It seems the problem is related to the Cryptographic Service, but be sure to follow the instructions in the microsoft page carefully.

Zllio

#3 gregoire

gregoire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

thank,s zllio , i will check it out and give you feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users