Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 car 54

car 54

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

can some one please help me. when i click system restore, i get a pop up-system restore is not able to protect your computer,please restart and run system restore again. when i do that nothing happens.the computer is a hp pavilion. windows xp professional. sp3.thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

What made you decide to run the System Restore?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

i had some earlier problems i did a mbam scan,i could go to the restore site but it would not restore. now i cannot get there.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

Have you tried using the Last Known Good Configuration?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:31 AM

i don`t know how. will you help me?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

When the computer is starting repeatedly tap the F8 key, this should take you to the Windows Advanced Options Menu, once this opens click on Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked).

Edited by dc3, 16 January 2009 - 04:38 AM.

#7 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:34 AM

i will try that tonight. i have to go in now .it`s only 12 degrees out here in my garage.if you can and have time ,will you go to the post i made on 12-30-08,car 54-what should i do? it will give you information about my problem. i tried to post in that 5 day forum but i couldn`t find the address or how to copy and paste.thank you for your help

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

The link below will take you to the topic that you posted previously.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1052511

As for copy and paste, move the pointer just in front of what you wish to copy, press and hold the left button on the mouse and move the pointer till the information that you want to copy is highlighted in blue. Let go of the mouse and right click on the mouse, in the menu that drops down choose to copy.

To paste place your pointer where you wish to paste the information and left click on that space so that the cursor is placed, right click on the mouse, from the drop down menu choose paste. That's all there is to it.

#9 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

thank you for the information, i tried last known good configuration. i get the same message. any ideas?

#10 remember me

remember me

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

Download Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset v5 ]
1. Download and install the 30 day trial Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset\ and burn the erd50.iso ISO image file.

3. Boot the computer using disc that you’ve just burned. You may have to go to BIOS and set the boot order so that it’ll start the computer with CD/DVD.

4. When ERD Commander is booted up, click Start > System Tools and run System Restore.
5. Click Next.

6. Select “Roll back to an existing restore point created by Windows” and click Next.
7. Select a restore point and click Next.
8. Click Next again to confirm restore point selection.

9. Click Yes to confirm rollback operation.

10. Once ERD System Restore Wizard has completed, restart your computer to complete the rollback process.
an Antivirus is like a little guy standing on the side walk with a net, trying to catch you as you jump off the top of a 10 story building.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

Why are you repeatedly post the same link?

#12 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:06 AM

hey dc3 i don`t know what`s going on with remember me i`am still trying to figure out how to post from my topic back to the 5 day forum.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:54 AM

hey dc3 i don`t know what`s going on with remember me i`am still trying to figure out how to post from my topic back to the 5 day forum.

I don't know what you are referring to as the 5 day forum. You only have 28 posts, so if you click on you username a menu will drop, choose Find Member's Posts and all of you post will be available for viewing.

#14 car 54

car 54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:25 AM

i don`t know how to post the address from my topic to- if you haven`t received a reply in 5 days thread.can you help me on post#9?

#15 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

i don`t know how to post the address from my topic to- if you haven`t received a reply in 5 days thread.can you help me on post#9?

car 54, the 5 day topic is for members posting Hijack This logs in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum. You have not posted in that forum, so you don't need to post there.

Hope that clears up the confusion.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users