Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Virus, Blank Firefox Windows Appear

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 th3trout

th3trout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:44 AM

I'm at my brother's house using his computer and realize it has that antivirus 2009 trojan. Mostly because I had the same thing at my house a few months ago. One thing different is that while I browse Firefox random blank windows keep popping up. The URL is like: link removed, etc, etc, or link removed, etc, etc. I went through all the virus removal steps and after running Malwarebytes in both normal and safe mode (same with Spybot and Ad-aware) all the infected and quarantined files were removed from the computer. Except there are still the pop-up windows, although they occur less frequently than they did before. I'm not sure how to go on with this, searching didn't yield much info so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by garmanma, 16 January 2009 - 06:41 PM.
links removed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Let's see what we're dealing with
Make sure Spybot's Teatimer is diabled
----------------------------------

In normal mode
Please reboot the computer
Open MBAM and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select FULL scan
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log for review
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users