Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop is getting destroyed by spware/virus. HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lukew9027

lukew9027

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

Hello there, my laptop is so screwed right now I can't even launch Mozilla Firefox or IE without it crashing within seconds.

I am running Windows XP on a dell laptop.

I'm going to list a few things that happens that could indicate which virus I have.

As soon as I start up the computer a balloon comes up and says my computer might be at risk.
Then a "security center alert" comes up thats asks me if I want to block this suspicious software called "WIN32.Zafi.B"

When i try to go online I will load up IE and a message comes up before it takes me to my homepage.
"Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack" "due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system shutdown, freezes and crashes. Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information. To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register your antivirus software" It gives me an option to continue browsing, but as soon as i click it the browser crashes. Same goes for Firefox.

I have researched this some and It seems to be common thought that this is some kind of spyware that is trying to bait you into buying some phony anti virus program, but I can't get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried 3 different types of software to get rid of this thing, Super anti spyware free edition, Malwarebytes' anti malware, and CCleaner, and none of them have done the trick.

I noticed people post their "hijack this" logs here, but since I don't have Internet access whatsoever due to the crashing browsers, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.

If you have any sort of help you could offer me I would be eternally grateful if you would be willing to help me out.

Thanks,

-Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lukew9027

lukew9027
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

If anybody has anything to help me out with I would really appreciate it, I don't know what else to do...

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

As there are no logs posted, I am shifting this to the Am I Infected forum. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users