Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI Theater Wonder Pro 650PCIe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

Does anyone know if linux Support exists for this card in the Kernel, MythTV, or some other method?

I thought that ATI/AMD was starting to Love Linux, but this is just sad. I don't want ancient hardware for Modern software.

If you have recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

From what I can tell, the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver doesn't support this card. Basic support for the card may be already in the kernel. You may want to look into the Video for Linux project, they may have something.

You may want to ask ATI directly, here.

Other possible helpful sites: LinuxTV, Linux-Drivers.org

In my opinion (and many others) ATI's support for Linux is atrocious. NVidia is quite good, even though they only release proprietary drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users