Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

three monitors? gtx295?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

i'm wondering if the new nvidia gtx 295 will support three monitors hooked up to it?
there are 2 digital outputs and one hdmi output so i'm thinking it would but am also thinking that the hdmi is only to replace one of the digital outputs.

anyone know for sure???

and while were at it...what would u pick...

gtx 295 OR geforce 9800 gx2

and why???
win7 Ultimate 64bit
2 x 24" LG Monitors
Intel Core i7 920 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283
ASUS P6T WS PRO
12gigs of OCZ Gold XTC Triple Channel 6x2gig DDR3 1333MHz PC10600
XFX Nvidia GTX 260 core 216
Corsair TX750W
Cooler Master 690
HDD Total = F I V E TB!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

Please take a look at this link. This will further help you make multi monitor setups.

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/Triple...eview/index.htm

Hope this answers your question.

HDMI will cut off the DVI connections. This is done because HDMI also sends Audio though the ports. giving it a whole different set of commands for the video card.
Posted Image

#3 liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

thanks for the matrox link, have seen that little box before, its awesome!!

didn't know HDMI included audio, good to know!
but the one HDMI would not cut off BOTH digital outputs would it?? it should only take out one IMHO...
win7 Ultimate 64bit
2 x 24" LG Monitors
Intel Core i7 920 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283
ASUS P6T WS PRO
12gigs of OCZ Gold XTC Triple Channel 6x2gig DDR3 1333MHz PC10600
XFX Nvidia GTX 260 core 216
Corsair TX750W
Cooler Master 690
HDD Total = F I V E TB!!

#4 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:25 AM

Sadly I do believe the driver will do a full shutoff of the DVI ports. Due to the fact the video card is now acting as a sound/video graphics card. it's putting all it's extra GPU cycles into producing 7.1 Digital surround sound. It's crazy to think the integration of a video card these days with The HDMI feature can do so much. I found that linking 3 monitors together is best done with that fancy box. Not to expensive and yet won't make your machine suffer performance problems. I am going to provide you another link I think you may find interesting to read.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/hdmi.htm/printable

This link here will give you a full run down of what HDMI is and how it works. Trust me it's worth the read. Take care and I'm glad I can help and support you in the best way I can.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users