Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing menu color -- please help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zmaz

Zmaz

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

I hate the tan color at the top of windows, and also how it fades from tan to white. I was wondering if it's possible to change that color.

The area I'm talking about is the circled area ---

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zmaz

Zmaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Does nobody else see the problem I'm seeing? Could this just be a problem with my monitor settings?

#3 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

Looks like your title bar is blue.
And the Toolbar area (circled in red) is a tan/greyish color. I see no fading or fades to white.
The main icon area is pure white.

I really see no fading.
Everything looks normal.

However you can right click on the desktop and choose "properties" to change your display properties if you wish.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:51 AM

Agreed, the circled area of your screencapture shows no gradation of color.

Can you borrow another monitor to try on your system, I expect it's most likely your monitor is creating the effect you describe. There's a slight possibility the output of the video card could do it, trying a different monitor would show where the effect is occurring.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

I didn't like that color either so I installed the Microsoft toolbar wallpaper you can get it Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users