Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista panorama feature missing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tlynnjpeg

tlynnjpeg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

I've seen the commercials, and the ads. I've followed the directions on Microsoft's site, as well as several by random users out there (which all say the same thing); by text, pictures, and video. But I am convinced that my computer simply does not have the panorama feature. I know this can't really be (or at least, shouldn't be), so I'm confused and frustrated.

The problem comes when I go to the "make" menu. The only "make" I can do is movie, and it's not a menu, just a button. Doesn't matter how many, or which pictures I have selected.

What's going on? Anyone out there have any ideas? I'd really like to play with this feature, but it's proving to not exist.

This is an HP Compaq Presario CQ50-130US which came pre-installed with Vista Home Premium.

Thanks

ETA: I was debating whether this should go here or under the photo editing software area. I ended up here, but please move it if you feel it is more appropriate elsewhere.

Edited by tlynnjpeg, 15 January 2009 - 07:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 My name does not fi

My name does not fi

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Which software?
If you expected it to come with Vista Home Premium think again. It is likely that it is only in Vista Ultimate
I
made
this
lines...

#3 tlynnjpeg

tlynnjpeg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:03 AM

Well, apparently the notification that I had a response didn't make it to my inbox...

After more research than I care to do ever again for such a stupid topic, I discovered the problem. It is NOT related to the version of Vista, though. It's just that it's in Windows LIVE photo gallery, not the regular photo gallery that comes with Vista. First Windows Live has to be installed, if it's not already, then the Live Gallery has to be installed, again, if it's not already.

So hopefully this will help somebody else out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users