Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reconfiguring Westell 327W

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mutant_hopeful

mutant_hopeful

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

Howdy all,

I am having trouble setting up a wireless network at our house and was looking for help. I currently have a modem connected to my desktop, but would like to make use of a Westell 327W modem/wireless router someone gave me. My wife needs to be able to use her laptop at the same time.

Ok -- The wireless router/modem I have was being used by someone else. I have tried to reconfigure the Westell, but can't seem to pull it up. The only IP address that comes up if I run ipconfig is: When I try to enter this in the address bar of explorer it doesn't pull up anything. All other addresses I can think of return the same result.

Sorry for the bad description, I am new to setting up and working with networks.
Brian

Edited by The weatherman, 15 January 2009 - 06:28 PM.
Removed IP address

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hi,

Welcome to BC. First reset the router(westell) to default factory settings. There will small button on it, press it and hold it around 3mins.

Assuming you have Cable internet.
1) Switch off the existing modem and Westell router. Connect the cable from your modem to Westell router on port saying modem or cable.
2) Switch ON your existing modem and wait for around 3 mins.
3) Now switch ON Westell router
4) Check ip config. The Gateway should be 192.168.1.1
5) Type the same address on your browser and try username: admin password:password.

If your connection is ADSL then http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13772.

Hope that helps.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users