Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser redirecting me to different site. lucky to be here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Enski

Enski

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

Ok, after many hours of trying to run various programs. I am here, posting because i have no other options and I have to save this computer. I got the Famous "virtumonde" or whatever it is at home. I had a flash drive that I had used at home, but had formated because it became infected. Well, it must of got on there again. When i plugged it into my work computer, it opened the drive and I saw an "autorun" file with a gear looking thin on it ro a moment and it disappeared. So, I talked to My IT manager and he gave me some programs to run, thinking that I have Virtumonde. One got something, FixVondo, but did not fix it. I can download and install adaware 2008, but it will not update.
I heard about Hijack this and ran it. I have the log as well. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue. Also, I will be back about my home computer as well :)

Thnak you all for being around!!!

Help me Obi-Wan, your my only hope :thumbsup:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enski

Enski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

Weel, thanks to my own hard work. I h ave figured out how to Fix this. I will pass the knowledge that i have gained in hope that this will help anyone else. I found a post in here, that reccomended Malwarebytes' Anti Malware tool to fix this. It worked great. Along with a reliable AntiVirus, you should be able to kick this nasty bug from your Computer. Run the program in safe mode and when it is finished, follow the instruction to show results and remove the items with the program. I ran it a few time after as well and cleaned a few other things up. Also, when you plug any external drives back in, scan them before opening them or you will creaate a loop I am sure. If anyone needs any help, post me and i will try to assist. I do not know how to really decrypt "Hijackthis" logs, but I fixed it with out that. Take care, surf safe and scan before opening :thumbsup:

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for informing us what you have done.

Should you find other problems please start a new topic.

Good luck.

This thread is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users