Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

limited or no connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whiteshoes

whiteshoes

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

hi all i have just got the o2 wireless box II, i have installed this to my pc by the yellow ethernet cable and it is up and running ok.i have then connected my eldest sons wireless laptop no problem, but my youngest son has quite an old sony viao which isnt wireless so a friend of mine has given me a belkin network adapter which i have installed onto his laptop,but it wont connect to the internet,sometimes i have a message saying that it is aquiring a network connection but most of the time it just says limited or no connectivity and as the router is about 2 foot away i cannot understand why. please could anybody help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hi Mate,

As you said one of laptop is working fine. I would say try uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it again. Also double check if you kept the wireless key correctly.

If that doesnt work, disable the security on network connection, and try connecting to router. Then enable the security again and check it.

And let us know how it goes.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

To fix limited connection errors and stuff do the following:

Start>Run>CMD.EXE

Type:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release