Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activating/moving MS Office 2007 to a new computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NoPlanB

NoPlanB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

I've had Office 2007 for at least 2 years now. I got 3 installs with it. One of my computers has died and I want to install it on a new computer.

If I recall this is allowed by Microsoft but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it? Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hi NoPlanB.

I got 3 installs with it. One of my computers has died and I want to install it on a new computer.
If I recall this is allowed by Microsoft

I take it you must be using the "Home and Student" version?
It is the only version of office 07 that allows that many installs and 3 is the legal limit.
You can install and use it a 4th time (as it has no way of knowing that) and use it up to 50 times before you are nagged for activation and it goes into reduced functionality mode. If afterwards you are denied another license key via the activation wizard (wizard dies) you can bring the wizard back to life by deleting the opa12.dat file, described in this article, or contact MS by phone. Below is a link to all ms products and license terms

Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by Microsoft or the Computer Manufacturer

Edited by HitSquad, 16 January 2009 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users