Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about flash on webpage.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ForLet

ForLet

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

I'm not living in a English enviroment so that I can't make sure my description is correct for the situation. I'll try my best.

You know nowdays slideshow made from flash is very widely used on webpage browsing. You're linked to another webpage about the news after clicking the flash on show. No matter single click, double click or right click, you can't get anything except a flash menu by which can only adjust the current flash, or, as I experienced, a wholely new browser window opened for you. This is the only result.

I don't want this. Is there any way in which I can open the content on the flash in current tab or a new tab without creating a new window? You know, it's really annoyed on your mood and wasted on PC's performance if a unwanted window suddenly come out. Thanks for you answer!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hi ForLet,

If your browser is Internet Explorer 7, try this:

In Internet Explorer, click Tools then click Internet Options.
In the window that pops up, look for the section Tabs and select Options.
Another window will open, look under when a pop up is encountered and click always open pop ups in a new tab.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

#3 ForLet

ForLet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

Hi, RedDown.

I'm now using IE8. I like to try the fresh. My question is solved under your guide. Thank you very much! And, do you mind to see my another question about IE8 whose solution may be shared with IE7 like this question.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195258/how-can-i-do-super-drag-drop-with-ie8/

Edited by ForLet, 16 January 2009 - 06:28 AM.

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

Hi ForLet,

I'm not familiar with IE8 so I'm not really sure.

I don't think "super drag & drop" is a native feature in IE7. You may have previously installed IE7Pro which would have given you this option.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users