Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect is Disabled

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FBZ

FBZ

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

I get a popup on taskbar after several minutes of windows startup. However, sav looks enabled. Why is that happening? Program version is 10.1.6.6010

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

Can you provide more details: what OS? Is it completely patched?
List all security software? Name and version?
When this "Antivirus Auto-Protect is Disabled" started happening what else occurred around that time? Malware? install new software? hard crash? system restore?
Have you recently made any other changes?

#3 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

FBZ,

When I posted the above I did not realize you have a thread going in the "Am I Infected What Do I do" forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1090090
in which you are actively being helped.

So forget my questions in the above post. I'd recommend you continue your work on your issues all in one thread since you were infected with Antivirus 2009

Good luck to you
tork

#4 FBZ

FBZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Antivirus 2009 and the issue with the desktop was resolved already. However, I have this popup for about a month. The reason that creates this message may be leading my laptop to be vulnerable against malware and things l had in previous days. I ignored this message since it does not prevent me doing anything and actually SAV auto-protect looks enabled. I would appreciate if anybody can help me to get rid of this.

My OS is XP professional, there are several antimalware programs; Advanced SystemCare 3.1.2, Spybot 1.6.0, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, MBAM 1.32. However non of them was active before infections. I used them just to clean from time to time but now Advanced System Care is active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users