Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 X32 and X64

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

Is it possible to dual boot or actual triple boot with Win 7 32bit and Win 7 64Bit and Vista?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

You may multiple boot only if you have a processor that is built as x86-64.

#3 GTK48

GTK48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

Just my 2 cents - but when I left 32 for 64 bit Vista, I left the 32 bit on my system. I installed the Win7 64 bit beta and it recognizes the triple boot easitly (I've only actually booted into Win7 once, and haven't booted back to the 32 bit Vista).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 GTK48

GTK48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Well if anyone is curious I am now booting Vista x32. Win 7 X32 and Win 7 X64 on the same PC without problems. It does indeed work!

#6 GTK48

GTK48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

I am now quad booting with:

1. Vista x32bit
2. Win 7 Ultimate x32bit
3. Win 7 Ultimate x64bit
4. Win 7 Home Premium x64bit.

All without problems using Vista Boot Pro.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

I've only gone with single installs up to now (have installed it about 7 times) - but am working up the nerve to try it on my new rig.
I'm glad to hear that Vista Boot Pro will cure what may ail it. Thanks GTK48!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

I am now quad booting...

That is awesome. :huh:

#9 securityguard123

securityguard123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Congratulations!

first where did you get your windows 7?

second, does windows 7 did the configuration for multiple boot or you set it?

thanks

#10 GTK48

GTK48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:58 AM

Congratulations!

first where did you get your windows 7?

second, does windows 7 did the configuration for multiple boot or you set it?

thanks

I got it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

You have to install Vista Boot Pro in your Xp or Vista partition. It is available HERE. You don't have to use it but it is a great deal easier than editing BCD.

Just create a partition of at least 50GB and format it NTFS. Burn the DVD and install it to that partition using the custom install feature.

Once you try Win 7, you will never go back. Posted Image

Here is a video that shows what is in Win 7:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgjMK2sWgsE...&videotitle

Edited by hamluis, 29 August 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#11 czhang

czhang

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:55 AM

Windows 7 Beta 64 bit is generally faster, more stable, and usable than Vista. But if you are migrating from XP to 7, make sure that all your hardware and software are compatible. I have found some software incompatibility issues and some freeze ups in 7, esp. with regard to IE 8.

Therefore, I am now only playing with Windows 7 Beta. I will definitely NOT use it as my production OS in its current state. I am sticking with XP Pro in the foreseeable future, at least until MS release the final version of 7 which resolves most, if not all, of the issues.

Edited by czhang, 30 January 2009 - 12:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users