Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

typing is very slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert1978

Robert1978

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for your help in advance.

I've had a problem with typing for the past few days and it seems to occurr on all applications. (i.e. internet explorer, firefox and microsoft word) I'm pretty sure that it's not a ram issue, have deframented my harddrive, ran avira antivirus program, adaware and have not installed anything new or visited any suspect websites. In additions, I have all microsoft updates and have tried restoring my computer back a month and it wouldn't let me. I'm just worried that my security has been compromised and am not sure if there is reason for the type to take seconds for each key. Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 molecul3

molecul3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

So it only happens on the web browsers and word?

For the web browsers, are any 3rd party toolbars running e.g. Google toolbar?

#3 Robert1978

Robert1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

It may be slow with other programs. I just opened front page and it doesn't seem to be slow. It also happens sporadically (i.e. it may be slow at the beginning and then become fast a few seconds later. I don't install anything extra and do not have a google toolbar at this time.

Thanks for your help.

#4 molecul3

molecul3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

If you open Task Manager (when it starts to slow down or if you notice a lag), try and see what is chewing up all your CPU or RAM resources.

What are your PC specs and what version of IE and Office are you using?

Also, is Antivirus scanning in the background?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users