Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I reboot my Balance laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boyconny

boyconny

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

I instal a new hard drive in my balance laptop, and I can't remember how to reboot it. It comes with 3 CDs, but I have no idea as how to reboot the laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

I believe you mean change to boot order so the computer will recognize the CD, correct?
You make the CD drive first boot device in the BIOS. Normally by turning on the machine and tapping the Delete key
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 boyconny

boyconny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

I believe you mean change to boot order so the computer will recognize the CD, correct?
You make the CD drive first boot device in the BIOS. Normally by turning on the machine and tapping the Delete key

Let me try that.

#4 boyconny

boyconny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

That did not work

#5 boyconny

boyconny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ok I got that screen up, so where do I go from there now.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Using your arrow keys, to move up and down, arrown down to (usually) the second selection and hit Enter. You should be able to make your choices there by using the page up and page down keys. Select the CD drive as the first boot device and click Esc key. Arrow over to "Exit and save changes" and hit Enter. Restart the computer with the operating disk in it and start your installation

These are generic instructions. Your Bios could be slightly different

Edited by garmanma, 15 January 2009 - 12:19 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users