Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lcd color flicker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helmet

helmet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

okay so this is starting to piss me off. my monitor will flicker red tint back and forth. like it will be normal, then quickly become red tinted and go back and forth between normal and red tinted for a few seconds and then balance out at normal again. i've tried upping the refesh rate, changing the connector it's on (geforce 6800 ultra 256) and lowering the clock frequency but still no dice. i'm running out of ideas. is my monitor dying? it's an iiyama 17NE1 btw.

thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

Try running the LCD at the default setting. For the LCD's that I have worked on, normally the desktop area is 1280x1024 @ 60hz. I have had problems with CRT's when one of the pins have been bent, not sure if it is the same with LCD's, but check the pins and make sure that none of the pins have been bent.
JC

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:17 PM

I've had similar display problems with LCDs where the cables seem to make poor contact, either at the PC end or at the LCD end. Unplug and replug firmly was all that was needed for me.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users