Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I tunes - MP3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tallredmond

tallredmond

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi knowledgeable people!
I like millions of others have and Ipod but have just got a new company car with an SD card reader (lucky me!) How do I convert the music in I tunes to be compatable in my car as I do not know where to even start!

I eagerly await your responses!

Thanks
P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

hope you have a card reader on your computer. put sd card in computer and drag and drop mp3's from your itunes library to your sd card. don;t know if your car will play music encoded as .AAC or .m4a (Apple codecs)

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

hope you have a card reader on your computer. put sd card in computer and drag and drop mp3's from your itunes library to your sd card. don;t know if your car will play music encoded as .AAC or .m4a (Apple codecs)

Itunes isn't my favorite resource, but I do have it and am somewhat familiar with it.

Itunes does have the ability to convert an AAC file to an MP3 file -- sometimes. In Itunes highlight the song you're interested in, right click it, and select "Create MP3 version." This will only work for songs that are available in an unprotected version, and there may be a minor charge to "upgrade" from the DRM version to the non-DRM version.

But, if recent news reports are to be believed, Itunes will be shifting over to non-DRM songs in the near future.

If you don't have a card reader in your computer you can get a device that looks like a fat flash drive. You can put the SD card in the "fat drive" and plug it into a USB port. That's the way I do it.

Edited by Capn Easy, 14 January 2009 - 09:53 PM.

#4 PCwarrior

PCwarrior

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Goggle ; protected music converter. Some cost, fast down load, slick easy user interface. Convert I-tunes on player to music file(mp3) and use your owned titles the way you (legally) see fit.
(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users