Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svideo out problem please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjfalkenbury

cjfalkenbury

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

hey guys im new to the site and hoping you can help. i have a dell inspiron 5150 with a blown screen and im tryiong to hook it to my tv with the svideo out port i have the adapters and everything and i cant seem to make it work is there a special driver or some thing that i need. the video card is the nvida 5200 gforce go i think i installed all new drivers and win xp becuse i lost the de3ll disks it seems to work compared to the other optionsthe dell srevice code is 9ds1m51 if that helps any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

on the back of your laptop is a video connector (VGA). i would plug a monitor in there to gain access to computer and then troubleshoot the s-video tv out connector. some older geforce cards where not capable of outputting video to both monitor and tv at the same time. you could change from one to the other through Nvidia control panel or with a hot-key combination. this may be why you can not just plug in the s-video cable and view output on the tv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users