Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Shortly after login

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ebud

ebud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

I posed this thread last week and so far no response, so I thought I would check with this forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193603/bsod-possible-malware/

Basically it's BSOD issue that happens maybe a minute or 2 after I log into any profile ( even in Safe mode ). I get an error message related to msgmr.exe and python25.dll on the screen after I login....click ok and sits there for a bit and then poof!

I can get to the Safe mode command prompt and that's ok.

Ideas direction?

The Blue Screen usually references 0X0000008E and once ( from safe mode ) it came back with 0X00000050 ( Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ).

I tried swapping RAM around ( and I ran the Dell Diagonistics and the Ram and HD check out )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Well...did you close your proceedings in that forum? And let the forum personnel know that you were withdrawing your post there?

If you have an open log...you are not supposed to make any changes to your system...or take advice from anyone else in a different forum, I think that's stated somewhere in the forum rules for proceeding.

Louis

#3 ebud

ebud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

No it's still open , but I am happy to close it - Posted it last Thursday and there has been no replies to date .... I was just hoping to rule out malware/virus.

What do you suggest stick it out in the other forum and kill this tread or ?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

I tend to base my decisions on what I either know or feel...that's the way that I decide my courses of action.

If I thought my system was infected beyond my ability to deal with it...I'd post in the AII forum and follow their instructions, no matter how long it took. Or I would delete everything and do a clean install of XP.

If I developed a system problem of some sort...I'd spend 3 days (at the most) working on it myself...and then I'd do a clean install :thumbsup:. Fortunately, I usually solve my own fiascos, but there have been some clean installs :flowers:.

Seriously, if you think it's a malware situation...I suggest treating it like one. If not, act accordingly.

I will say...I am of the personal opinion that a very large number of cases presented as "Windows/system problems" are, in truth, malware problems. I get the feeling that users usally know this, but try to pretend that it can be solved by some technique that does not include visiting the appropriate forum. I fail to see what's gained by this behavior, but then again...I don't understand a great deal which is done by human beings.

Louis

#5 ebud

ebud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Thanks.... I'll stick in out in Malware for now... hopefully I can get some direction ( maybe back to here ).

How do I kill this thread?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

You don't have to kill it, we'll just leave it alone for now. One of the mods may decide to close it.

At that time, you can just add to it or start a new thread, if you have problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users