Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

c000021a

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mreasyrider

mreasyrider

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

Everytime I boot my sons machine the code c000021a comes up and the machine reboots. He broght it home from school when this started a week or so ago.I can log into safe mode though. I tried combofix and malwarebytes in safe mode but they reported nothing wrong. Will HJT run in safe mode correctly so I can get a correct log? Thanks for any help here

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 January 2009 - 03:04 PM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mreasyrider

mreasyrider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

Anyone? The machine is running XP Pro SP2

Edited by mreasyrider, 20 January 2009 - 05:10 PM.

#3 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Bump.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

Try removing one stick of memory at a time and see if that makes a difference with the BSOD
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 mreasyrider

mreasyrider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Removed the memory one at a time, then just pulled them all and replaced them with the memory I had from my other computer. There was no change. I can boot into safe mode but if I boot into regular windows it comes up loads the desk top then down it goes with the same c000021a and an error that runs off the screen but appears to be cx00005. Can I get an HJT log in safe mode? The only thing I have not done yet is pull the cmos battery but I can't see how that could make a difference. What now?

Thanks

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

Can I get an HJT log in safe mode?

You can try. Don't post it in this forum. It has it's own special forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users