Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


System Security Rogue antivirus program problem

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Norgard


  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

According to my friend this problem came while downloading music through limewire.

The version I found had the following numbers 2146056633.exe. The way I found it was through other web page (anti spyware 101). The numbers for the executable file on that web page are different (5386543871..). This version won't allow the installation of antyspyware/antivirus programs it just shuts them down. Even it shuts off the browser if you are downloading them directly from either Mozilla or IE.

With the information of were to find the .exe file,the folders were the files were located were identified and deleted. (Documents and Settings\allusers\applicationdata). This was not enough to get rid of what was causing the installation rejection of anti virus/spyware programs.

I tried to install Malawarebytes in Safe mode with networking and had the same problem it rejected installation. I proceded to start in safe mode and was able to install Malawarebytes although I could not update the program.

A quick scan was launched that identified a lot of Adwares, Rogues including system security. These were all removed with Malawarebytes.

This was not enough yet and computer was shutdown and started again in normal mode to get latest updates. After this it was shutdown again and started in safe mode to run a full scan with the latest updates.

The last Malwarebyte run finally fixed the problem since I can see Mcafee running. (Thats the only useful purpose it has right now). I think it has been cured.
It seems that the problem has gone and I will be posting the Hijackthis log and the Malaware post on the respective page.
My thanks to the creators of this page and the removal instructions you are certainly my heroes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 karbo1


  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec, Canada
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson about file sharing. It's not the last time you'll encounter such problems...

With all due respect, people (not all of them) are flooding computer forums with malware problems because they've been fooling around with illegal P2P applications. It's just about the best way to get malware, for free... :thumbsup: Be advised once and for all!

Edited by karbo1, 14 January 2009 - 12:56 PM.

Please post back if we found the solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users