Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 h4rders

h4rders

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

I have been reading this website for a while. Always helpful. I use my computer for music, info, email, tv guide. I play the fps game quake 3 arena and always looking for tweaks and tips for better game play. Sometimes I think I like messing with my config more then playing. I built this computer and always fix my own dysfuctions. I've been in construction my whole life and have been thinking of a job change. I was thinking that I could see myself being a internet installer or repair dude for like comcast or qwest. I would get to do some tech work but still get to work with my hands. Something along those lines anyhow. My question to you all is, does anybody know if they make a decent living? How would I go about getting a job like that? With no experience on paper. Would I have to go back to school or something? Those questions really make me nervous. I'm 42 years old and have not been in a school room in a long time. Old dog new tricks thing =) Anyhow thanks for the website and all the help you give us. Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Welcome to BC
I don't know how to respond to you question
I'm sure there are some different trade schools out there that offer some backround in the field
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users