Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player Problems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 c_munkey

c_munkey

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hi everyone, I have been having a problem with any media player I have installed, it keeps saying that it has a problem and needs to shut down. I tried the fix at the top of the forum but it did not help. The computer has XP and I am at a loss for words I cant figure it out. Thanks so much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 c_munkey

c_munkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Nobody have a tip or trick.

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

What version of media player are you using?
MCP
MSDST

#4 c_munkey

c_munkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

What version of media player are you using?

I am pretty sure its media player 10 but this happens to all of them real player, winamp, WMP

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Generally speaking, the usual reason users can't get help with a problem like this is vagueness. You need to be more specific. You need to tell us what you are using and what the exact problem is, the more detailed the better. But one suggestion I will make right off the bat is to try VLC, known as the swiss army knife of media players. If VLC won't work, you have a real problem.

http://www.videolan.org/

#6 c_munkey

c_munkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

Generally speaking, the usual reason users can't get help with a problem like this is vagueness. You need to be more specific. You need to tell us what you are using and what the exact problem is, the more detailed the better. But one suggestion I will make right off the bat is to try VLC, known as the swiss army knife of media players. If VLC won't work, you have a real problem.

http://www.videolan.org/

sorry for being so unclear. what the problem seems to be is that real player and windows media player will gives me the " ******* has a problem and needs to shut down" It does it with WMP when its running for about a min or two or when I try to sync my mp3 player and on the real/rapsody player it wont let me sign on it just gives me the same message. I hope that might help.

oh and that media player works thank you. But I need to get real player working for Rapsody.

Edited by c_munkey, 16 January 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling. That's usually a good remedy for seemingly random crashes. However, I don't believe in random crashes and you need to be extra observant to figure out what the real problem is.

#8 c_munkey

c_munkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

tried that last night but no good.

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

I didn't think it would. I don't think the crashes are random. You're trying to use your MP3 player and Rhapsody so that's where you should look first. The fact that VLC works means it isn't WMP or Real and is more likely two different and specific issues related the MP3 player and Rhapsody. And I don't think anyone can help you as your description isn't specific enough. I get the impression you're looking for a quick fix and there isn't one. Sometimes you have to do some of your own troubleshooting.

Edited by frankp316, 17 January 2009 - 02:04 PM.

#10 c_munkey

c_munkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

I didn't think it would. I don't think the crashes are random. You're trying to use your MP3 player and Rhapsody so that's where you should look first. The fact that VLC works means it isn't WMP or Real and is more likely two different and specific issues related the MP3 player and Rhapsody. And I don't think anyone can help you as your description isn't specific enough. I get the impression you're looking for a quick fix and there isn't one. Sometimes you have to do some of your own troubleshooting.

Well I have been doing some but I didnt come up with anything. So I just did a sys restore and problems solved. As always I appreciate everyones help. Thanks.

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

The first thing to do is look in the event viewer for something at the time when the crash happens and post the results here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users