Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

there's something wrong with firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nets_balla

nets_balla

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

yesterday, as i was browsing the internet (using firefox as you probably have already guessed), i noticed that at a random point, webpages that use to run fine all the time started saying that i needed to download plugin. that kinda struck me as odd, but the worst part was that after i exit out of anything on my mac, i always close the window, go to the upper toolbar, and click the name of the app (in this case, firefox), and i click "quit firefox". well i did that, but it didnt really do anything. by that, if you look down at the dock, after you quit the app, the little arrow beneath it is supposed to disappear, but it didnt. that's when i knew something was up. so then i opened it up again, and i noticed that i couldnt go anywhere besides my home page. when i typed in a different web address, nothing happened: it didnt refresh, it didn't go to a different page, its as if i never did anything. and when it got to a different page, like youtube, a really simplified version of it showed up.

now, i'm stuck using safari because i can't use firefox for anything. when i press quit on firefox, it may close the window, but nothing else happens. even after i press quit, and the firefox tabs are still up on the upper toolbar, i can't click them (like "file", "edit",...). i can only click them if i open up the window again. i really hope that it's not a virus, because i just got rid of another comp with a virus. plus, this is a mac, and from what i heard, there aren't too many mac viruses around.

i use mac os x version 10.3.9. tell me if you need more info and i'll be back on later tonight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users