Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I access system restore file

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 and my windows account is set as administrator. I have been trying to access my System Volume Information folder with no success. I went thru the steps given on the Microsoft site to use cacl to make it accessible with no luck. Does anyone know any other way to make it accessible?

The main reason I have been trying to open it is to see how big my restore files are and if there is anything funky in there causing it to reach its capacity so soon, as my restore points only go back about two weeks now instead of the few months that it use to. Does anyone know any reason, other than that folder hitting its limit, that the restore points would suddenly no longer be available past two weeks?

I have the size for that folder set as high as it can go and my hard drive is only about half full so I don't understand why it is hitting its limit so soon all of a sudden.

Edited by Stang777, 13 January 2009 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users