Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with my computer :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maggot

maggot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:05 AM

Hello. Everytime i go to open my MSN messanger or yahoo messsenger or spybot, or any new programs i just downloaded i get a message that says 'The application is not initializing properly 0xc0000005 click ok to terminate the application. I have no clue what hijackthis is or whatever. WIll someone please take the time to help me :thumbsup: ? I would really appreciate it. Thank you. Anthony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:10 AM

Hi Anthony,
Relax you will get expert help here, just be patient and follow instructions when given. You already posted in the HJT logs analysis forum, but without a log. The guys in the forum will tell you what to do - there are pinned posts there telling you how to submit a Log.
So you can be ready for them do the following:

Install HijackThis.
  • Create a new folder, under the C: drive, called "hjt". If it already exists delete any files that may be in it. If you have a shortcut to HijackThis on the desktop, delete it.
    To make a new folder go to Start>My Computer, then double click on the icon for the disk drive (C:) a window will open showing you the folders and files already in the C: drive. Open the 'File' menu at the top of that window and there should be a 'New >' entry in the menu. Hold your mouse pointer over this and a submenu will appear to the right. Move into the sub-menu and click 'Folder'. The sub-menu will disappear and a new folder will be in the window waiting for you to name it. Name it "hjt".
  • Download the latest version of HijackThis from the following link:
    HijackThis Download Site

In the 'Save To:' box type "c:\hjt"
  • Unzip HijackThis to the folder you created:
    Navigate to the hjt folder and double click on the HijackThis.zip file. For WindowsXP in the left hand column click 'Extract all Files' the Extraction Wizard will pop up. Click Next, then Browse. Select the HJT folder you created, then click OK. OR If you have WinZip installed you answer 'Agree' and a window will open showing you HijackThis.exe inside the zip file. Click the 'Extract' icon. An extract window will open. In the 'Folders/Drives' section select the C: drive and then the 'hjt' folder. In the "Extract to:" pane it should show "c:\hjt". Select the "All files" button and tick "Overwrite existing files" then click the "Extract" button on the right. Close Winzip.
    You should now have HijackThis.exe in your hjt folder.
Restart your computer normally and run HijackThis to create a new logfile.
  • Navigate to the c:\hjt folder.
  • Double-click on hijackthis.exe and when the window opens, put a checkmark in the box at the bottom that states Don't show this frame again when I start HijackThis.
  • Click on the button labeled None of the above, just start the program.
    You will now be presented with the main HJT screen.
  • Press the Scan button and then when it is done, the Save Log button. Save this log in c:\hjt.
    The 'Save Logfile' window should show 'hjt' in the 'Save in:' box, if not click the pull down menu in that box, double-click on the C:drive, folders under C: will display in the box below, double-click on the 'hjt' folder. Then click 'Ok'. If there is already a logfile in the folder, Windows will ask if it can overwrite it, answer 'yes'.
  • A Notepad window opens and can be used as a reply to the post if requested to do so.
    Close HJT by clicking on the close x button at the top of the window.
In the notepad window click 'Edit' then 'Select all' then 'Copy'. Return to your post in the HJT forum and select Add Reply, then paste your log as the reply.

Your problem may not be malware related in which case you wil be told your log is 'clean'. If that is the case come back to this topic and others will help you here.

Edited by Rimmer, 23 May 2005 - 05:15 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 maggot

maggot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:52 PM

Thanks a alot. So it worked out well. Thanks again!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users