Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtual External HDD space shrinkage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 somenoob

somenoob

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hey guys
My friend and I were kind of experimenting with various programs and we encountered an error saying there was a problem with the external hard drive, we would have to reformat and resize the drive. We did this and while reformatting my friend somehow managed to shrink the virtual disk space from 112GB to 46.5GB, it also fails to format properly. What I really want to know is if there is a way to reverse the shrinkage. I run an XP home (SP2) machine, the External is a Freeagent GO 120GB and we used Partition Magic. Any help much appreciated people, running out of space...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 somenoob

somenoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

Anyone know anything about this problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users