Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:16 AM
This has been a week of IE mishaps for me.
I have been dealing with them for the most part of last week till today.
One of the issues:
I have a user trying to access an intranet page which has an ActiveX component.
The rest of the page loads but not the ActiveX part. It produces an error popup after a couple of minutes. The error popup does not show any lines or descriptions. All fields are blank. (sorry I can't completely remember what the error mentioned)
Things I tried:
1. Deleting all cookies and Temp. Internet Files
2. Adding the intranet page to the list of Trusted sites and ensure ActiveX Controls and Plugins are enabled or set to Prompt.
3. Deleted the ActiveX components for that page that are automatically downloaded to c:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and re-downloaded them when you initially access the page.
Things I noticed:
1. The user has multiple versions of .NET framework installed from version 1 to 3.5
2. The script error also occurs when he loads a different page (possibly with an ActiveX component as well)
3. Also, when I tried to access a HTTPS site, I received "Res://ieframe.dll/ and Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#" errors (not sure if this is related to the issue I mentioned above or if it is only a once off issue).
I searched everywhere but nothing really "matches" as the cause and symptoms differ somewhat.
Can anyone shed some light on what I should do next?
Thanks in advance