Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 The Guardian

The Guardian

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

Just got info on XBOX2 or Xbox 360. It's the best console on earth it kicks ass over PS3 every thing is wireless (Except AV and Power cords). Controlers, Headset and even LAN and possibly Xbox Live. Every Game has Custom Soundtrack and Xbox Live Has 2 Classes of Live Silver and Gold, Silver is free but gold costs a bit. The Graffics are 3 times better than XBOX and PS2 put together, I'll Keep posting Xbox 360 Info when i learn more. It hits the selves November-December so start saving. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lil_jellyman

lil_jellyman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Just got info on XBOX2 or Xbox 360. It's the best console on earth it kicks ass over PS3 every thing is wireless (Except AV and Power cords). Controlers, Headset and even LAN and possibly Xbox Live. Every Game has Custom Soundtrack and Xbox Live Has 2 Classes of Live Silver and Gold, Silver is free but gold costs a bit. The Graffics are 3 times better than XBOX and PS2 put together, I'll Keep posting Xbox 360 Info when i learn more. It hits the selves November-December so start saving. :thumbsup:

XBOX 360!!!!!!

Just to clear things up with 'The Guardian' it is called 'Xbox 360'. The controllers are wireless and also the DVD remote (But not the Av or Power cords). Xbox Live is definately Wireless! Not sure about the Silver or Gold bleep, but ya never know. Every game (like Xbox) has in-game Dolby sound and the best graphics ever seen. Check out other sites for some screenshots. Xbox 360 has the best-made processor ever to be in a game console. The controllers have a 360 button on them to enter the dashboard for music and bleep. Comes in Nov-Dec 2005!!!

P.S "It's Shelves"

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

So?

Ps3 comes out not long after that, which is much more powerful than Xbox 360. Have you seen the tech demos and real-time footage of Killzone 2? The engine of the Ps3 is incredible, easily surpassing Xbox 360 and dominating it in performance ability. The reps at sony used an Eyetoy, rubber duckies, pirate ships, and a sink filled with water to demonstrate the physics and capabilities of the Cell processor.

If you haven't yet, you should watch the Killzone and Unreal demo using the Ps3 hardware, and you can't pass up the Eyetoy demonstration. You will drop your jaw on all 3.

#4 The Guardian

The Guardian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

:thumbsup: well Xbox 360 also has an version of eyetoy but with 10 times better Resolution, and is PS3 going to have any wireless controlers etc. NO BECAUSE THEIR POOR AND XBOX RULZ!!!!! :flowers:

Edited by The Guardian, 23 May 2005 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:27 PM

:thumbsup: well Xbox 360 also has an version of eyetoy but with 10 times better Resolution, and is PS3 going to have any wireless controlers etc. NO BECAUSE THEIR POOR AND XBOX RULZ!!!!! :flowers:

Actually, Ps3 does have wireless controllers..... Have you not seen the pics of the system and the controllers? Granted, they're not that attractive, but they are wireless.....

Check your facts before calling a company/system names. And how do you know Xbox 360 RULZ anyway? Have you played it yet? Do you know how it handles? Have you played the games that noone else has access to? If so, i'd love to see them...

#6 lil_jellyman

lil_jellyman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:44 AM

XBOX 360!

Hey everyone! Does anyone know when the Xbox 360 comes out in Australia? I heard that it only comes out in Korea, Japan, and America in Nov-Dec 2005. So can anybody help me and give me an answer??????? :thumbsup:

Anyway the Xbox 360, as most of us know is much better than PS3! The Xbox 360 has three 3.3Ghz core processors, wireless controllers(that look awesome), changable cases, 20GB hard drive, custom soundtracks on every single game!, ability to turn Xbox 360 on & off (WITH THE GAME CONTROLLER!!), 3 USB ports, and the BEST GRAPHICS EVER! :flowers: Check out the xbox site and mag for more info, but i thibk it's clear that Xbox 360 will be better than PS3!

#7 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

XBOX 360!

Hey everyone! Does anyone know when the Xbox 360 comes out in Australia? I heard that it only comes out in Korea, Japan, and America in Nov-Dec 2005. So can anybody help me and give me an answer??????? :thumbsup:

Anyway the Xbox 360, as most of us know is much better than PS3! The Xbox 360 has three 3.3Ghz core processors, wireless controllers(that look awesome), changable cases, 20GB hard drive, custom soundtracks on every single game!, ability to turn Xbox 360 on & off (WITH THE GAME CONTROLLER!!), 3 USB ports, and the BEST GRAPHICS EVER! :flowers: Check out the xbox site and mag for more info, but i thibk it's clear that Xbox 360 will be better than PS3!

The ps3 has the Cell processor, capable of over 100 more gigaflops than the X-box, and demolishing it in floating point operations.

The only thing changeable on the X-box 360 is the faceplate, and whoopidy-do. There's always the "Chameleon" stickers for all consoles that cost around $4 a set...

I have a custom soundtrack program with the PS2 already. It's called a stereo....

Have you seen demos of the X-box 360 games? If so, i'd love to know where. There's no way the graphix are better than Ps3. Have you seen the Killzone and Unreal demos presented by Sony at E3? Blew away anything ever seen, even on the PC.

The Ps3 has over 4 USB ports (i'm thinkin 6, but not positive)

It's clear that the Ps3 is a more powerful, capable machine than X-box 360. Get your facts straight. As to whether or not it's actually better, we'll have to wait until we can PLAY THEM BOTH to determine.

#8 The Guardian

The Guardian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

Dude Xbox 360 has awsome graphics its like looking into a mirror and i may have not played 360 but i have seen it in action and it rocks :thumbsup:

also, having a stereo for custom soundtracks? how much crapier can u get. :flowers:

Edited by The Guardian, 24 May 2005 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#9 The Guardian

The Guardian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:51 PM

and lil jelly man, stop acting as if u know nothing. :thumbsup:

i know who you really are, jarad!

Edited by The Guardian, 24 May 2005 - 11:52 PM.

Posted Image

#10 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:44 AM

cant wait for the xbox 360 to come out. does anyone know if it will play xbox 1 games?
i know there was talk it wouldnt

#11 The Guardian

The Guardian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

yeah they play old Xbox games and every old game will be able to play custom soundtracks.

also there's a rumor that they will be able to play gamecube and ps2 games,
even though gamecube game kinda suck the only good games i've seen are zelda and super smash bros melee.

Posted Image

#12 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

sounds good to me. hope they arnt gonna be massivaly expensive when it comes out

#13 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:25 PM

yeah they play old Xbox games and every old game will be able to play custom soundtracks.

also there's a rumor that they will be able to play gamecube and ps2 games,
even though gamecube game kinda suck the only good games i've seen are zelda and super smash bros melee.

You actually think the new x-box will be able to play GC and Ps2 games? Where'd u hear that from? That's EXTREMELY unlikely, seeing as how the consoles and companies are in competition with each other. What kind of companies would allow the other systems to play THEIR games? That's really logical [/sarcasm]

I think it's been confirmed that the Revolution will be able to play most, if not all, of Nintendo's past games, goign back to the NES by means of downloadable programs.

Ps3 will be backwards compatible with both Ps1 and Ps2, and i'm fairly sure that X-box 360 will be backwards compatible with X-box...

But the "X-box 360 can play GC+Ps2 games" is extremely laughable.

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

An inside peek.....

Gears of War (X360) - Videos

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3 (X360) - Videos

Xbox 360 Peripherals - High Resolution Pictures

Llamasoft Visualiser (Xbox 360)

And now for more, than you probably ever thought you'd know,
or ever wanted to know,
about your much anticiapated
Xbox 360.

:thumbsup: Inside the Xbox 360, part I: procedural synthesis and dynamic worlds

:flowers: Introduction to procedural synthesis on the Xbox

:trumpet: More procedural synthesis

:inlove: The mechanics of procedural synthesis

:bike: The Xenon's cache hierarchy: when is a cache not a "cache"?

:woot: Xenon's L2 vs. Cell's local storage, and some notes on IBM/Nintendo's Gekko

Edited by scarlett, 02 June 2005 - 07:51 PM.

Posted Image

#15 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

Ah... the post E3 avalanche.... :thumbsup:

May the gaming gods bless you and your console of choice.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users