Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeated Disconnections on both Wired and Wireless Connections

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

Information:

RCA cable modem (provided by cable company - works fine).

D-Link Wireless Router WBR 2310

S/N F30Z181035579
P/N BWBR2210ANA..A1

IC: 4216A-WBR2310

Network: 2x wired (main desktop computer and Playstation 3) + 2x wireless (laptops).

Computer that I am on now: Windows XP Home Service Pack 2.

Problem:

I've had a long history with this problem and I am at wit's end with it. When I first set up my wireless and wired network with an old Linksys wireless B network, I had no problem. However, when I upgraded to Wireless G with Linksys I began to have the problem that has plagued me over three routers and now has started up again. The problem is as followed:

Approximately every two-six hours, I am disconnected and reconnected rapidly. This breaks the connection to anything I might be doing at the time on instant messengers, downloads, games, et cetera. It is very troublesome. The boot takes only one second, but it forces everything that is connected to internet to restart. It was far more frequent on the Wireless G router from Linksys, but has recently come back on my D-Link router which originally did not suffer from this problem.

Once again, this has not been resolved either through switching routers. Also, I even have switched out cable modems in the mean time and it has not solved things. Firmware, also, didn't seem to do anything. At this point, I am wondering if it is something related to power or something (even though all my other electrical equipment on my computer and elsewhere run fine).

What can I do to stop this? It is extremely troubling and excessively annoying.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

No one has any insight into this problem at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users