Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring AOL Favorites

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DRAMO4298

DRAMO4298

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hello:
Today I gave my son-in-law a (2003) IBM6578-LBU Desktop Computer . . . to replace his (2000) eMachines eTower 667ir computer.

I deleted all my FAVORITES from IE7 folder (from folder Administrator) from the IBM PC, copied all his FAVORITES from his IE7 folder (from a folder with HIS NAME) on the eMachines PC to a flash drive, . . . then, copied them to the IE7 folder (in the folder Administrator) on the IBM PC.

Later I thought that the IBM PC did not have his name listed under C:\Documents and Settings (as it was on his eMachine) and am now wondering what will happen when he signs into AOL and opens the FAVORITES tab.

Will he see the FAVORITES I copied to IE7 on the IBM PC (or will they only show up if I sign into AOL) . . . or must I setup a NEW USER ACCOUNT first on the IBM machine and move the FAVORITES into the folder under HIS name ??

Or is he going to see those FAVORITES even though this was MY PC previously ???

I hope I explained this correctly. (BOTH computers are running WinXP Pro SP3)

Thank you for any replies.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users