Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound on my computer/Cant find driver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jluna0321

jluna0321

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hello everyone this is my first post here and I hope someone can help me out =)

I have a Dell Dimension 4500 and today I did a system restore with the CD that came with the computer. Everything seemed fine, mouse was working, keyboard, could go online, ect. Until I realized there were no sound. My computer did come with a drivers cd but there was nothing to be found in there. It also came with a Sound Blaster cd that I installed. Another post in here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...php/t17192.html

gave some options as what to do because he seemed to have the same problem as me. When i followed his steps however, (His steps were to delete things under sound and unknown in Device Manager, then download ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver from the dell website. Then to restart the computer and when it detects new hardware direct the installation to the driver.) It worked for him but when i got to that step it said it wouldnt work and gave no other option.

For the record, when i try to install ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver by using the .exe, it says that Driver was not found. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jluna0321

jluna0321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I got the sound to work from the speakers. I followed the same steps that I wrote above and put to automatically find it and it fixed it.

The problem now:
I use a headset whenever I use the computer though and the sound wont work through there even though the headset is plugged in fine the same way before system reboot. I deleted an item from Device Manager named PCI Input and was wondering if that could be the issue. When I open up device manager it brings up a window saying PCI Input found and I put to download automatically but nothing is found.

Edited by jluna0321, 12 January 2009 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users