Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HiJackThis log...help please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 bclark85

bclark85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

My computer would not turn on the other day because it would restart and give me a "winlog" error. Today I got it to turn on but all it will do now is just load the background and I can pull up task manager. I have tried typing in explorer as a new task and that doesn't work and I also tried to look for the regkeys "iexplorer" and "explorer" but did not see them. Those were two solutions I was told would work but they didn't so here is my hijackthis log. Hopefully someone can help me soon. I started back to school today and NEED my computer to work as soon as possible.

Attached Files

Edited by bclark85, 12 January 2009 - 07:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

Hello, bclark85
:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.com

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:
  • In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
  • Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Finally, please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Wait a min... you can't start the shell at all? No desktop icons, etc?

Can you start the commandline? That is, CMD.EXE?

BillyIII
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hello, bclark85
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me or another moderator a PM.

Everyone else please begin a new topic.

BillyIII
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users