Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jayder

jayder

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

hello all

i am working on a pc and the pc comes on but i don't get no video from the video card i even tryed a new card and still nothing i even tryed it on my monitor and nothing do anyone could knew what it could be i tryed the intergated one on the motherboard an everything can someone please HELP ME

JAY ADAMS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

No Video out put after trying a known working video card means the computer is not POSTing (Pre Operatory Self Test) Which means the computer has a failed component. Do you have a similar system that you can try the Processor and memory in?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 jayder

jayder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

could it be anything else i move the memory once and it came on for a awhile and the shut down

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

It could be the processor, memory, video, motherboard, or power supply. I usually start with the processor and memory first. If you have no way of testing the components I would recommend taking them and having them tested. You could order a new motherboard and test them that way but if the MB is not the problem you will have to pay shipping and restocking fees for the unused motherboard.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

i tryed the intergated one on the motherboard an everything can someone please HELP ME

What was your result when using the integrated?

#6 jayder

jayder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

not a thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users