Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Erroe 1058 and Trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 leashem

leashem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hello my name is Aliy.
I'm here because my HP notebook's automatic updates are turned off. I tried to turn it back on but it wonít come on. I went the Microsoft website to see what the problem was and I kept on getting this error 1058: (The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.)
so I did what the instruction told me to do but nothing has worked so I decide to look up what error 1058 mean and I saw a lot of topics on this issue and what the people wrote was the exact same thing that was going on with my machine even with Trojan Virus (because it kept popping up).
I would appreciate it if someone can help me fix this problem. I usually donít ask for help but I think I need it this time.
Thanks
Aliy
Enclosed are my scans

Attached Files

Edited by leashem, 12 January 2009 - 12:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hi,

Your system is severly infected. Problem with these infections nowadays is, it causes a lot of damage. Even if we clean the malware off your system, I can't guarantee that your system will be clean afterwards, because these infections/bundles leave a lot of leftovers behind that most scanners won't even recognise and logs won't show.
Also, I can't promise you we can repair all the damage it caused... Even after cleaning the malware, you can still get errors afterwards because of the damage. Solving these is not always possible since it will be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the right cause and solution.
So, we can try to clean this up and do what we can, but keep in mind that we can't solve ALL problems this malware already caused.

In light of this it would be wise for you to back up any files and folders that you don't want to lose before we start. Reason I am telling this is because when a system is so terribly infected and we try to clean this up manually, the damage that is already present may interfere with our removal attempts.

Please uninstall MediaBar 2.0 via software > add & remove programs.
Then, * Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Post the log from ComboFix in your next reply.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users