Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh dear. Trojan problems (Vundo, clicker.vdm, generic12.atag)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saharanz

saharanz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

(Sorry, typo in the title, should read clicker.vzm)

So, I have had good look around and can't fix this by myself and would be very appreciative if someone would help me out.

I was happily updating myself on what's going on in the world (on my boyfriends computer -oh dear) when I got a message from AVG saying it had detected an infection with prunnet.exe. I quickly disconnected from the internet, put prunnet.exe in the virus vault and proceeded to do a full system scan with AVG which picked up Trojan horse clicker.vzm. I also checked the running processes only to find prunnet still running so I terminated it manually too. On my computer I researched the TH and didn't come up with much but found a bit on prunnet which said use Malawarebytes. Also started to get generic antivirus popups (antivirus2009,2008 downloads) and both firefox and explorer tried to open on their own several times during the virus scan (computer still disconnected to internet)

So, downloaded Malawarebytes (on my computer and transferred via pen drive to infected computer, update from 4.1.09) which came up with Vundo.H and Vundo (delete on reboot) and followed instructions. Upon reboot getting more popups, both mozilla and explorer (still haven't connected to internet since problem began). Second AVG scan now gives Trojan horse Generic12.ATAG.

After dealing with that and another reboot both AVG and Malawarebytes don't detect anything but still getting popups. Also experienced problems with AVG, windows automatic updates and firewall being disabled several times.

Any ideas???

Edited by saharanz, 12 January 2009 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

Are you still unable to download off the net to the computer?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Please reboot the computer
Open MBAM and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select FULL scan
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log for review
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users