Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is the storofest compression program?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 namo

namo

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

I heard that there are program that can compress 1GB to 10MB or less

the one I heard about is KGB.

I know that it depend on the file type but I am looking for one that compress files as small as possible

Edit:

KGB is useless. I try to compress 1.7MB 2GP file but it says that it needs 2000 hours

- I guess that it hard to compress video files if it is already in compressed video format
I try to compress the 1.7MB video file in the link :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ai0532
or http://rapidshare.com/files/182465135/Ebay...nkovic.rar.html

Using Winrar: 1,116 kB
using KBG extreme option : 1076 kB

you could use this file as reference.

Edited by namo, 12 January 2009 - 12:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:56 AM

I don't think you can (or at least should) attempt to compress files that are already compressed. There is a limit to the amount of compression any application can do, and Winrar seems to have compressed it about as much as practical.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 namo

namo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

I don't think you can (or at least should) attempt to compress files that are already compressed. There is a limit to the amount of compression any application can do, and Winrar seems to have compressed it about as much as practical.
Cheers,
John

in a forum that's its downloan link is not working anymore (old links) , they put 10MB rar file that when you decompress , you get 1GB video. However I read in the replies that the length of the video is 2 minute or so , which mean that is totally uncompressed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users