Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PortableApps Question...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Ive had the PortableApps suite on another Thumb Drive of mine. I didnt get to tinker with the software for long though because after a few days of use my Thumb Drive took a dump and stopped working.

Ive ordered another Thumb Drive off the internet and I should have it within a couple of days. I am thinking of a way I want to organize everything, including my Apps.

What Im wondering is if I can install Apps onto the PortableApps launchpad other than the apps that are on the website. In other words can I put Winamp Portable on the PortableApps Launchpad... Since it isnt on the actualy PortableApps website Im curious if you can download any "outside apps".

This all fits into my organization scheme... I want to be able to start winamp from the launch pad...

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Konstantin

Konstantin

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

i think you can record any portable application to your thumb drive, no matter what else do you have there.

However, just check when you get your thumb drive :thumbsup:.

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

Yes

The PortableApps.com Menu will also work with other standalone and portable apps.

http://portableapps.com/support/portable_a...uite#addingapps

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users