Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've set up the network but I can't get MAIN pc to share the internet connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tim2286

tim2286

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

When I click on Allow Other Network Users to Connect Through This Computer's Internet Connection I get this error.
"Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) cannot be enabled due to an IP address conflict on the network. ICS requires the host to be configured to use XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. Please ensure that no other client on the network is configured to use XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (thats not the actual IP obv lol)

How can I do that?

Edited by tim2286, 11 January 2009 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 glnbnz

glnbnz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

To help you with this problem please list your network hardware (computers, routers, printer and etc). Something on your network is using the IP Address of 192.168.0.1. We need to find that piece of hardware and change its IP address.
Note to self
<Insert something clever here>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users