Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wipe my pc clean

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 canadacatman

canadacatman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:53 PM

I want to clean my pc then reformat it i guess its called.my pc is so slow it takes about 15 minutes sometimes to open my homepage and it took me 30min to get on pogo this morning...i have no antivirus or firewall on my pc that could be the reason..so i want to start fresh then i will download some...thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MalikTous

MalikTous

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

You can use your OS CD, make the CDROM your first boot device in BIOS and when your system boots it will enter the OS installer (I'm assuming you are using at least Win98SE). Then you have it clear off and recreate all HD partitions.

Or, if you have another system, you can update that system's antimalware and antispyware tools, then slave your drive in that system and remove the spyware and virus problems. Copy the other system's installer files for its antimalware and antispyware tools, if you've used free-subscription ones, and move your drive back into your system. Install the antimalware utility, register it, and update it, then repeat with the antispyware tools. This keeps your data as well as evicting your malware and spyware.
'Open the @^!&&!#& hatch, Hal!'

'I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that...'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users