Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Editing our topics

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JayTG

JayTG

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

May we please have the option to edit the first post in our topics? It can be a pain when you can't, especially if you have made a typo or are changing the subject etc. in your topic.

I realised I couldn't do it after a post has been made in any one of my topics.

Cheers

~Jay

Edited by JayTG, 11 January 2009 - 07:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

Jay, you do have an edit button in the first post of a topic you have begun. There is a time limit though in place, which I believe is 24 hours.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

As Pandy said, you have approx 24 hrs to edit your posts, unless someone replies to it.

It can be a pain when you can't, especially if you have made a typo or are changing the subject etc. in your topic.

I realised I couldn't do it after a post has been made in any one of my topics.

That's why you can't edit you posts, after they've been replied to.
Completely changing the subject matter, or deleting parts of a topic, can throw every post that follows, totally out of context, especially if everyone started doing it.
You would end up with a topic, that was nothing more than a jumbled mess, of nonsense.

If you need a topic edited, you can contact a Mod, with the request.
If the edit doesn't interfere with the flow of the topic, they will be happy to do it, for you.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 JayTG

JayTG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

Not really liking that idea... then again it helps for reference I guess.

So anyway can a mod edit my game for me? Right here, just a page number that is appropriate for the game, cheers :thumbsup:

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

done.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 JayTG

JayTG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

Cheers guys, feel free to lock this up now.

#7 adware

adware

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

how to delete my post?

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

What post did you want to delete adware? I can do that for you? You can send me a link to your topic or post in a pm and I can do that for you?

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

how to delete my post?

If it's your HJT Log? I have done so. Since you only have two posts as of this reply.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users