Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

system restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 canadacatman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

:thumbsup: i was wondering how i wipe my computer clean then reformat it with the disks i got with it.it is terribly slow so i figured i will give this a try.......thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

Insert the restore cd that came with the system and the menu will guide you.Don't forget to backup somewhere. If you do a full restore everthing is wiped including any programs installed since it was new.

Edited by gunner, 22 May 2005 - 05:53 PM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

howdy, How you go about this depends on what OS you have and also what type of disk was shipped with your box. I'm presuming you didn't build the box yourself, let us know more about your situation because you may not need to reinstall but there is nothing better than a fresh system, whatever it is make sure you get the necessary updates. If it is XP make sure you read up on installing SP2 as it can have detrimental effects on some machines depending on installed software configurations. But all of this will prove fruitless is you do not protect yourself while online. Network / Internet security should be n everyones vocabulary these days, sad isn't it?
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

#4 Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

There are lots of tutorials here at BC to help you keep your computer running well. Have a look at these tutorials for ways to keep your system secure on the internet and what to do before you connect:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users